Friday, January 11, 2008

Baseball Culture in Taiwan

I was digging out some old photos and I found this. Remember the Taiwan Variety Show showcasing about baseball and saying how their National Baseball player is in the America Baseball League.

Well, last October I was in Taipei to experience this, it was a night when their local league was having finals, and there was a crowd at their baseball "driving range", the crowd was watching the live telecast like we were watching our soccer finals. Good atmosphere.

I think the Japanese brought the baseball culture into Taiwan and see..They actually have their baseball team print on their 500NTD bank note. This should be known as the Little Maple Leaf Team.

I had a stint of my own baseball too.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Site Meter