Like to share 2 regimes that could improve your running speed.
- Running 12 sets of 800metres (2 rounds of the track) with a interval of 1 minutes and 30 seconds. You could start with a comfortable timing of say 1 minutes 45 seconds per round which makes out to be 3 minutes and 30 seconds per 800 meters.
- Running 3 sets of 1.2km (3 rounds of the track) with a interval rest of 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
- 4 sets of 800 meters (2 rounds of the track)
- Lastly, 8 sets of 400 meters (1 round of the track).
- Remember to maintain each round with the same target that you set out, say 1 minute and 45 seconds per round. Of course you could start off with a faster target time or slower target time depending on your progress.
- Do your math to see how much time you need to complete each set.