Saturday, February 3, 2007

Famous quotes

Okay, here are some quotes from sports people.

  • I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
  • It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. Muhammad Ali
I really think that the Muhammad Ali one is funny... Yup, a boxer beats people up.

The Michael Jordan one is really one that sets out the mood saying "Failure is the mother of success". So, I say to taste success, one has to take failure. Is there a foolproof way to skip the process of going through failure? Is Michael Jordan saying that you have to fail in order to succeed?

Well, I'm really inspired by the quote below taken from the Mayday's 倔强.

我不怕千万人阻挡只怕自己投降

This line is translated to: I'm not afraid of anyone's obstruction into the road ahead, only afraid of myself surrendering. So life really boils down to yourself, how well you do relates to how strong your mentality is.

Set a goal and tell yourself to work towards it.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Site Meter